Kidlington Running Club has organised the Mota-vation Summer Road Race Series since the late 1980s.
The races are short (four miles) and tremendous fun. The races take place on quite roads around various pretty Oxfordshire villages on the last Thursday of the month, in the evening.
There is always a great atmoshphere and the races are very inclusive. Several of the events have a crepe van for food after the race, some have bars and we always include at least one post race pub stop.
Abindgon is one of the largest clubs participating and the runs are a very social affair. If you are new to the club or new to racing, this is the perfect place to start! There is a heavy discount when entering through the club. Even better this one is subsided by the club as well and with £15 for five races this is one of the most value racing opportunities you'll ever have and quite possibly the cheapest possible way to enter this series!
How to enter
Due to the large volume of applications we and the requirements of the organisers the application procedure is a several step process. Please complete all the steps below:
- Please fill in the online application form
- In addition you will have to also print, fill in and sign the paper form (pdf) and return this to Nina Steinke. I'll try to bring some printouts to the Tuseday runs but don't rely on me.
- If you are not paying by BACS you need to return your payment of £15 with the paper form in one sealed envelope.
Paying by BACS (account information is included in the email you'll get back from the online form):
- One payment per runner!! (if you are a family of four then there will have to be four separate payments of £15)
- Use the payment reference from the response email (they will look like this: M18XXX).
Return the paper form and payment of £15 (if paying cash or cheque) in *one sealed envelope* to Nina at Tilsey on Tuesdays (adult run) and Thursdays (track) as far as possible.
If you pay by cheque please write the name of the runner and the reference number on the back of the cheque. All cheques must be payable to Abingdon A.C.
There will be full payment details in the email you receive after completing the form.
- Race 1 - 26 April, 7pm start - Charlton-on-Otmoor (also Oxfordshire AA Grand Prix Race Series)
- Race 2 - 31 May, 7.30pm start - Bletchingdon
- Race 3 - 28 June, 7.30pm start - Combe I
- Race 4 - 26 July, 7.30pm start - Combe II
- Race 5 - 30 August, 7pm start - Oxford
Visit the Kidlington Running Club website for more information about the races.
Any questions or if you need to make alternative arrangements please just get in touch with Nina via the contact form on the right of this page.