Safeguarding procedures and policies for Abingdon AC athletes.
All athletes and club members have the right to feel safe, comfortable and supported at all times when attending training sessions or other events organised by Abingdon Athletics Club. If this is not how you or your child are being made to feel, or you have concerns about the treatment of any other athlete at the club, then please do make contact with our club’s welfare officer.
You can contact Rachel or Peter, Welfare Officers, by sending an email to email@example.com, or alternatively, you can speak to Rachel in person (Rachel will usually be available to speak to at Tilsley Park track on the usual club training nights).
The club has a number of welfare policies and guidelines that all coaches and members are expected to comply with. These policies have been informed by England Athletics, UKA and NSPCC documents and guidelines and are available to view below:
The Welfare Policy includes:
- Volunteer Application and Self Declaration Form
- Referral Form
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Photographic Policy
- Consent form for photographic and recorded images
In addition to the club Welfare Officers, any of the below organisations can be contacted for advice or assistance.
- Contacts for advice and support
- There are also links for related contacts on the useful links and signposting page.
Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board:
- Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) - 01865 810603
- Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) - reporting concerns - 0345 050 7666
- General information and contacts - firstname.lastname@example.org, 01865 815843
- Non-emergency: 101
- Emergency: 999